Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Updates...

I have neglected this blog for too long. However, I do have a good reason. Hubby and I found out we are going to have a baby in August!!! We are so excited. This is our first pregnancy, and everything so far has been great. I really haven't had any morning sickness, but I can not get over the exhaustion. All my mommy friends keep telling me that this will never go away. (great.) The ultrasound really put most of my woes behind me because as soon as the camera got to our little one, he or she was moving so much that he/she looked like he/she was dancing!! How cool is that?!!?! Our picture is really fantastic (I'll add it here later) as it is a frontal view, and you can actually see little arms and legs - not just a dot on the screen.

We told most of our family over the phone because of the distance, but we went to my parents' house to tell them. We found out on my dad's birthday, so in stead of a gift we brought him a birthday King cake. I tied a ribbon to the baby that said, "Guess who's expecting?" I made sure my dad got that piece, and the reaction from both mom and dad was absolutely priceless! My dad's rhyme for me as a little girl was "Bel Bel, she's swell. She's my Bel." (Bel is my family nickname.) When he found out, he started saying, "Bel Bel, she's swell! She's gonna have a little Bel!" For those of you that do not understand the hilarity of this, my dad is a 6'8" former Marine of 33 years. This is a BIG man singing a cutesy rhyme. It's fantastic.

Beyond this great news, the SAINTS went to their first-ever Super Bowl and put the SMACK-DOWN on the Colts!!!! Who Dat?! Who Dat?! Who Dat said they gonna beat them Saints?!!???!!!! Nobody, that's who.: )

Aside from this, I got a new job at the Seminary library as the Circulation Manager. Basically, I make sure the front desk is taken care of and supervise a number of student workers. Eventually I will get to work in the archives (YEA!!) which will eventually lead me to become a certified archivist. I'm really excited. I like my job, and I'm starting to get the hang of it.

And lastly, I'm gearing up for the talks I will be giving in Marion. The first one on March 22 will be an open forum on modern day slavery, and then I am the chapel speaker for my alma mater, Judson College, the next day. I'm really, really excited, and I am praying that everything that comes out of my mouth will glorify God and not me or anyone else.

That's all for now. I'll be back soon to continue the "Be Fruity" series!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Gabrielle! I was wondering when you were going to post another blog. Seems one of the few ways we can keep in touch. So cool you're working on campus. I'm heading in that directing really soon. Also, happy you're getting certified as an archivist soon and a little "Bel" is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!! that is great news - i found out i'm due in august too. man, so tired. all th etime. i hear ya on that one.

    ReplyDelete