Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Going through "The Change"

I hope you got a laugh from that title. No I am not going through THE change (thank goodness), but my life is definitely going through some changes. I would like to ask that you please pray for me as God refines and brings my mind, soul, and body through a process of maturing.

I'm beginning to recognize when it is best to keep my mouth shut. (Some of you are laughing at this moment. Stop that.)

I'm learning what it means to truly respect my husband the way he deserves to be respected.

I've experienced victories in areas of my life I never thought possible.

I've gained weight. (No, I'm not pregnant.)

I'm beginning to think more before acting on something.

I'm doing more housework without being asked.

I can recognize complaining for what it is, and some times stop.

I have started realizing what friends to allow access in my life, what friends to speak to occasionally, and what "friends" to remove. (Not just in facebook.)

I'm becoming a fighter, instead of a by-stander (or a run-away-er).

There are other changes, but it's so difficult to think through all of them. For those of you that know me best, I hope you know what a challenge these things are for me and will pray for me at least once. I'm definitely having issues in some of these areas. I just want to be a better daughter for our King. I am certainly not living up to my potential.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you! I've got to make it out to Lakeside while you're working and btw loved the Lucy & Ricky costumes :)

    ReplyDelete