Thursday, October 8, 2009

Recognition

I just found out tonight that a dear friend of our family went home last month. She suffered for years from cancer. When I read the email from her mother, a charming lady - an alumna of Judson, I recognized that many things I have struggled with recently can not compare to the pain of losing a child. Even when that child is no longer in pain, and even though her mother is older than my grandmother and has experienced loss in so many areas of her life.

If you think about it, please pray for this wonderful, graceful Southern woman, who befriended me just because we went to the same school - albeit many years apart. Her daughter was, in many ways, her life-line and helped her with many everyday tasks. I am grieved at her passing.

Revelation 21:4 (ESV)

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment