Saturday, January 24, 2009

Scooter

You know I am actually quite an agreeable, fun-loving person - so why am I being so serious?! We've had some pretty tough weeks lately. My husband is a pastor, and two people in our congregation passed away last week. That is just a piece of everything going on! Anyway, after publishing my last post, I thought I should introduce something much more light-hearted - my dog Scooter.

We got him in Alabama during the evacuation from Gustave. His owner was a good friend of the family, and she passed away a little over a year ago. Some other friends were taking care of him and found out we wanted a dog, so that's how we got him. He is half Yorkie and half long-haired chihauhau, which makes him think he's able to take on a German Shepherd.

Scooter is one of the coolest little dogs I've ever met. First of all, as I state in the "About Me" section, he looks like an Ewok. (If you don't know what that is, look it up on Youtube for a picture of one.) In the original Star Wars movies, there is a character that looks like a teddy bear. We think Scooter must be a distant relative.

Secondly, Scooter has a bum knee and is allergic to grass. You're probably asking what everybody asks...how does he go potty?! Well, it's more of a skin irritation with some slight sneezing, so he goes in the grass like other dogs. My husband thinks he might be faking it to get attention: ) His knee needs surgery in order for him to use it, so for now he is a 3 legged dog with 4 legs. And believe me, it does not get him down! I can barely keep up with him!

Third, he has some very fun characteristics. He sticks his tongue out when he sleeps. He loves eating apples. When he wants attention, he starts pawing at our legs, almost losing his balance. When we say "You want to go bye-bye?" he goes absolutely beserk!

And lastly, his growl - much to his dismay I'm sure - is much more of a purr. It is the cutest thing we've ever heard! If I can ever catch his growl on some type of recording device, I'll definitely post it.

Well, I hope you've enjoyed getting to know Scooter. I'm sure he would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment