Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Vision

Hey Folks! Okay, so as I was sitting in church today, I suddenly began to think that it is completely possible for me to begin speaking without invitations to speak. Novel idea, huh? I don't mean that I will walk in a church or school some where and just start yelling at everyone. I mean that I can begin speaking at my home church and other places that know and trust me, and while doing that I can ask the people that come to tell their pastors, friends, neighbors, and any other contacts they have about me going to speak in other places.

So here's my vision. I want to speak in at least two places a month before the end of this year. Then next year, I want to enlarge my base and speak at maybe three places a month. In doing this, hundreds of people can hear about modern-day slavery and hopefully join me in the fight against it. Also, my husband had an awesome idea for Southern Baptists.

As a Southern Baptist, there are some things in our history that bothers me. One major problem is that S.B.'s actually joined together as such over the issue of keeping slavery in the United States back in the 1800s. That saddens me. So his idea was that we as a denomination can in fact unite as one in the fight against slavery, reversing the prejudices and original ideas of some who started our denomination.

You know, we don't have much time left on earth. I certainly don't believe that I know when Christ shall return, and honestly, it could be another 200 years from now. However, time doesn't really make much difference to the eternal God. So I see the redemption of our world as coming soon, even if it's not in my lifetime. As I believe this, I see how humanity is really just wasting away, and slavery is truly a tool of satan to prevent the spread of the Gospel, the spread of hope. We have to fight it. If not us, who? If not the church, who? We, as the bride of Christ, enjoy our freedom in Him - why shouldn't we offer the same freedom to those in physical as well as spiritual bondage? We should. We will. We can offer the safe haven so many are desperately longing for. We've got to unite on this, spread the word, and make a difference in our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment