Monday, September 21, 2009

Slavery

Did y'all know that somewhere around 27 million people are enslaved right now? That makes me cringe. Even here in the US people are forced to work and have sex with people who paid as little as $90 for them. The captors threaten the victims' families and everything else the victims hold dear.

How dare we allow that in our country. How dare we allow that in our world. How dare we turn away from them. How dare we rely on others to make this "problem" go away.

I don't have the answers, but I'm ticked. I'm ticked because I want to help but don't really know how. I read a little on the A21 Campaign website about ways we can help. One said to use your talents. If you know me, you know that I have the gift of gab. (No pun on my name intended.) I can speak and speak well when in front of people -- especially when I am passionate about something and folks are willing to listen.

So if any of you out there want to get the word out about modern-day slavery, let me know. I'm ready, willing, and able to come. Let's get the word out, folks. 27 million men, women, and children are waiting.

They need us.

No comments:

Post a Comment