Friday, March 27, 2009

Back to Jerusalem

My husband read a book for class a few semesters ago, I'm sure the title was Back to Jerusalem. Although, I may be getting that wrong. However, what he told me about it really stuck with me. I placed China as next on the country prayer concern, and I remembered this book.

Basically, Christ's Kingdom is expanding in China. (Praise God!) The movement among the believers in China is to go back to Jerusalem. To take the Gospel message back to where it began. These people - in their "basic training" as Christians - are learning to get out of very intense and dangerous situations. Their mission is so beautiful, and I find myself desiring to be more like them. New Christians are amazing in their faith; it seems like nothing can stop them. You would think that people who have known Christ their entire lives would live like these Chinese Christians.

I'm one of those people who grew up in a loving, Christian home, and accepted Christ as Savior at a very young age. Yet, there are so many times I deny His power in my life. (2 Timothy 3:1-5) My hope and prayer is that God will challenge my faith and get me to where I resemble people like the Chinese Christians, unwavering in my faith, devotion, loyalty, and bravery.

Please pray for me as I prepare to talk to four people I know about Jesus. All of them are high intellectuals that see their intelligence as the place for answers. I know for a fact that one of them does not believe in God, but in fact - in his words - "worships himself." One of them was brought up to believe that God exists, but does not believe that Jesus is the Son of God who came, lived, died, and raised Himself from the dead as a propitiation for our sins. She rejects the truth of the Gospel. The other two, I have no idea where they are. However, the fruit they produce in their lives is not good and holy.

I don't want to rely on my strength or my words. I need my Heavenly Father to overtake me as I talk with them, so that I may have the courage and ability to speak exactly what He desires them to hear. I don't want to ever deny, or not fully use His power again. Let this be the beginning of a revival in New Orleans. My God can not fail, and I believe He will answer my prayer. These four people may all reject Him (oh I hope they don't), but He is the one who brings them to Himself - not me, I'm just the vessel. And who knows what God will do with me and my hubby as we partake in a new evangelistic endeavor?! Exciting!

1 comment:

  1. If you could hear me I'm whistling in excitement for you two! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete